While the holiday season is generally full of good and happy memories, we would be lying to ourselves if we didn’t say that the holidays can be stressful. And, on top of everything else that happened this year, it’s important to try and stay calm and relaxed. End this year with some self care. Today we’re going to talk about staying relaxed through the holiday season.
taking time for yourself
The first important thing when staying relaxed during the holidays, is taking time for yourself. It’s nearly impossible to fill up someone’s bucket when yours is full. By taking some time alone to destress and take care of yourself, you’ll be a lot more calm. And, you’ll have the energy that you need the rest of the week to take care of your loved ones and celebrate.
Don’t feel bad for needing alone time. Everyone does in order to be their best self!
establishing a self care routine
Self care routines are important, especially during stressful periods of time. Try to plan a few hours each week to focus on you and your needs. Whether it’s journaling, folding your pile of laundry, or using a face mask, self care is important. You could even make it festive by enjoying your favorite seasonal beverage while watching a holiday movie!
When you prioritize self care, you’re less likely to overload on stress the rest of the week. While it won’t fix everything, it will give you an opportunity to relax and unwind and take care of yourself in ways you might not be able to often.
tips and tricks
- Try to find a way to unwind before bed each day. Drinking Calm and taking Dream before you sleep can greatly help with that.
- Don’t take on all of the responsibilities. Depend on your significant other, friends, or family to take on some things, too.
- Try to not put too much pressure on yourself to make everything perfect. This holiday season is unique, and definitely will not be perfect.
- Just try to enjoy it and live in the moment! While everything might not be the way you want it to be, there are still things to enjoy and be grateful for.
- Make gifting a whole lot easier with our Yoli holiday packs! Giving the gift of health is one of the best ways to show someone you care.
Happy holidays! We want you to enjoy it as much as possible. For more tips on taking care of your emotional and mental health throughout the entire year, subscribe to the blog and check out our Facebook page.