The idea of making healthy meals for yourself can be daunting. This blog post will make it easier for you! These three recipes are healthy, delicious, and easy to put together.
Easy Chicken Stir-fry
This recipe is great because it’s easy to tailor it to your tastes. That’s why the list of ingredients might seem a little vague—it’s designed to let you choose the things you’ll like!
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast cut into one-inch pieces
- Fresh vegetables cut into bite-size pieces—carrots, mushrooms, broccoli, peppers, zucchini, etc. Choose whatever you like!
- Spices—salt, pepper, cayenne, garlic powder, etc. Again, choose what you’ll like.
- Olive oil
- Put a skillet on medium-high heat on the stovetop. Add enough olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Once the oil is heated, add your chicken. Sprinkle on your desired spices and let it cook. Use a spatula to continually turn the chicken over so it doesn’t burn. Once it’s cooked all the way through, take it out of the pan and put it on a plate.
- Add a little more olive oil to your pan and put in your vegetables. Sprinkle on more of your spices and let the vegetables cook.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, add your cooked chicken back into your pan. Mix the chicken and vegetables together for a minute or two.
In this recipe, the slow cooker will do most of the work, and you’ll have enough pork to last you for a few meals. Put it on a sandwich, toss it in a salad, use it to make tacos…the possibilities are endless!
- 3-4 lbs. pork shoulder
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. chili or chipotle powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ½ cup water
- Mix spices together. Rub the spice mixture into the pork shoulder.
- Place the pork shoulder in your slow cooker. Pour water on top and close lid.
- Cook for 6-8 hours. Once it’s cooked, shred the pork.
Fish and Veggies
A lot of people find cooking fish intimidating, but this recipe makes it super easy. And because you’ll be cooking it in an aluminum foil packet, clean-up will be even easier!
- Tilapia or another white fish fillet—mahi mahi, cod, etc.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ lemon
- ½ zucchini, sliced into quarter pieces
- ½ yellow squash, sliced into quarter pieces
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- Salt, pepper, red pepper flake
- Pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Place your sliced vegetables on a piece of aluminum foil about two feet long. Pour 1 tbsp. olive oil on top of the vegetables.
- Put fish fillet on top of the vegetables and pour the remaining olive oil on top. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and red pepper flake. Squeeze lemon juice on top.
- Fold each end of the foil over the center of the fish. Fold the bottom up to the middle. Finally, fold the top down to the middle. Make sure it’s sealed.
- Put the packet on a baking tray and place it in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Let it cool and enjoy!
We hope you’ll enjoy these easy recipes. For more tips to make getting healthy easier, subscribe to the blog below and check out our Facebook page!