Meeting new people and leaving them with a good first impression isn’t always easy. Whether you’re trying to share Yoli with others or simply make a few new friends, you can use these seven useful tips for meeting new people!
- Get out of your comfort zone. For most people, walking up to someone and introducing yourself isn’t the most comfortable thing in the world. It can be intimidating to meet new people, but it’s a great opportunity to make new friends and grow as a person. Practice pushing yourself out of your comfort zone on a regular basis and you’ll become more confident over time!
- Be genuine. You’ve probably been told “just be yourself” more times than you can count, but it’s still solid advice. Being genuine and honest is the best way to form real connections with other people. Rather than trying to put on a show or be something you’re not, let your personality shine through!
- Focus on them, not yourself. When you’re meeting someone for the first time, make sure you don’t focus too much on yourself. Show interest in what they have to say and let the conversation develop naturally rather than constantly bringing it back to yourself.
- Ask questions. Asking questions is a great way to get to know someone and keep the conversation going. It also shows that you’re paying attention and care about what they’re saying. Ask open-ended questions rather than yes or no questions to drive the conversation forward, and make sure you’re really listening to what they have to say.
- Lead with the need. If you’re meeting people with the intent to share Yoli, leading with the need is a skill you’re going to want to master. Leading with the need means finding out what they need and then showing them how Yoli can help them meet those needs. It’s great because it allows them to see how Yoli can help them personally, so practice leading with the need with your sponsor or another Yoli Member.
- Be open and accepting. You might have an idea of the kind of person you think will be interested in Yoli, but don’t let your preconceived notions keep you from meeting new people. You never know who may be looking to transform their life, so keep an open mind!
- Learn to let go. Sometimes, people aren’t going to be interested in what you have to say. While it may take some getting used to, remember that if they don’t want to talk to you, that’s okay! Be respectful of their decision and don’t take it personally. Just move on and keep working hard to meet new people!
These tips will help you as you meet new people, so we encourage you to use them. For more tips for success, subscribe to the blog and check out our Facebook page!