Fruit can be a great part of a healthy diet. Because it’s high in vitamins and minerals and low in calories and fat, it makes a fantastic snack for anyone working toward optimal health. That’s why it’s part of the BBS meal plan!
But as healthy as fruit is, it can also be high in sugar. While it’s natural sugar, not added sugar, it’s still important to be aware of how much you’re eating!
Common Fruits and their Sugar Content
- Raspberries: 5 grams per cup
- Kiwi: 6 grams per fruit
- Strawberries: 7 grams per cup
- Oranges: 9 grams per fruit
- Cherries: 13 grams per cup
- Peaches: 13 grams per fruit
- Bananas: 14 grams per fruit
- Blueberries: 15 grams per cup
- Grapes: 15 grams per cup
- Grapefruit: 16 grams per fruit
- Apples: 19 grams per fruit
We encourage you to keep your sugar intake in mind as you enjoy your favorite fruits. For more tips for healthy eating, subscribe to the blog and check out our Facebook page!