The holidays are over, and if you’re like most people, you made an unhealthy choice or two during the holiday season. And that’s okay! Nobody can be perfect all the time, and we hope that you enjoyed the holidays. With the Yoli Better Body System and the following tips, you’ll have no trouble working off the holiday cheer!
- Try a new form of exercise. The New Year is the perfect time to break out of your comfort zone and try something new. Whether you’re a long-time lover of exercise or are planning to become active for the first time, we encourage you to discover a fun new way to get moving. You could take a dance class, learn to box, try a winter sport, go for a run, or toss a baseball around with your kids. There are a lot of great ways to exercise, so try a few until you find one you love!
- Don’t skip meals. While it may be tempting to skip a few meals to slim down after eating your weight in sugar cookies and candy, that’s not the way to go!
If you consistently skip meals:
- Your energy levels will plummet and your metabolism may slow down, making it harder to lose weight in a healthy way.
- Weight loss may come at the expense of your muscle tissue rather than fat tissue.
- You won’t get the nutrients you need for optimal health. You’ll also be more likely to overeat later on, especially on junk food.
Rather than skipping meals, eat healthy. Avoid sugar and simple carbohydrates, and choose lean protein, complex carbohydrates, and fresh fruits and veggies.
- Try a mini course correction. If you want to get back to feeling great after a holiday season full of food, a mini course correction is a great way to do it. There are three basic mini course corrections:
- Course Correction #1: If you’re currently using the Transformation Kit and have slipped up for less than a week, we recommend that you get back on track with two protein-only days in a row.
- Course Correction #2: If you’re currently using the Transformation Kit and have slipped up for a week or longer, we recommend that you skip your next few Free Days and follow the system exactly until you feel that you are firmly back on track.
- Course Correction #3: If you have finished your Transformation Kit, are currently on a Lifetime/Better Body Kit, and have gotten off track, we recommend that for one week, you follow the Better Body System without a Free Day. This will help you return to your healthy lifestyle quickly.
We wish you the best as you work off your holiday cheer. Don’t forget to participate in the Better Body Resolution for your chance to win some incredible prizes!