A lot of people think that healthy eating means giving up delicious foods, but that couldn’t be further from the truth! There are a lot of great BBS-friendly recipes that you can enjoy. We’ve gathered some of our favorite Meal Day recipes for you below!
Take a few minutes to go through the recipes and then, if you haven’t done so already, share your favorite BBS-friendly recipe on the BBR post on our Facebook page for your chance to win a prize. You have until the morning of Friday, January 20 to participate, so act quickly!
Chicken, Sweet Potato, and Asparagus Skillet
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- ½ cup chicken broth or water
- ½ lb. fresh asparagus cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- ½ tsp. fine sea salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. red chili flakes
- On a plastic board, cut the chicken into small pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add olive oil, garlic, and chicken. Sauté the chicken for about 7-10 minutes or until it is cooked though. Set chicken aside.
- In the same skillet, add sweet potato and chicken broth or water.
- Cook for about 7-10 minutes or until the sweet potato is cooked.
- Add asparagus and cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, and red chili flakes.
One Pan Chicken and Veggies
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- ½ small red onion
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 475° F. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Chop all of the veggies into large pieces. On a separate plate or cutting board, chop the chicken in large cubes.
- Place the chicken and veggies on the prepared baking sheet. Add the olive oil, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Toss to combine.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the veggies are charred and chicken is cooked through.
Jalapeño Turkey Burgers
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- ½ – ¾ of one jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1 medium size shallot, peeled and minced
- Zest of one lime and 2 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- Olive oil
- Pico de gallo
- Place turkey, herbs, spices, zest, and lime juice in bowl and use hands to mix well.
- Form into four patties.
- Place pan on medium heat.
- Add olive oil to bottom of pan.
- When pan is hot, place patties in pan and cook for about 5 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Top with guacamole and pico de gallo and serve on a whole-grain bun!