3 Delicious Meal Prep Recipes
On Tuesday, we talked about how meal prep can help make healthy eating easier. Today, we have three healthy and delicious recipes for you to try. Enjoy!
Salmon, Sweet Potatoes, and Broccoli
- 12 oz. wild-caught salmon filets
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cubed
- 4 cups of broccoli florets
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425º F.
- Arrange diced sweet potatoes on one sheet pan and the broccoli on another. Drizzle both with olive oil. Top the sweet potatoes with salt, pepper, and cumin. Toss to combine. Toss the broccoli with the salt and pepper. Bake the sweet potatoes for 15 minutes. Set broccoli aside.
- While the sweet potatoes are baking, combine the butter, lemon juice, garlic powder, pepper flakes, thyme, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Heat in the microwave for 15 seconds or until the butter melts and mix well. Line a small baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. Place the salmon filets on top. Drizzle with the prepared lemon sauce.
- When the timer on the potatoes goes off, remove and toss. Place back in the oven along with the broccoli and salmon for 12-15 minutes. Check on the salmon and broccoli around the 8 minute mark. Salmon is done when firm to the touch. Baking time will vary depending on the thickness of the filet.
- Divide the veggies and salmon into meal prep containers and allow to cool slightly before refrigerating.
Taco Salad Bowls
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 (1.25-ounce) package taco seasoning
- 6 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
- 6 tbsp. plain Greek yogurt
- 6 tbsp. shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot over medium high heat. Add ground turkey and cook until the turkey has browned, about 3-5 minutes. Crumble the turkey as it cooks. Stir in taco seasoning and drain excess fat.
- Place pico de gallo, Greek yogurt and cheese into small cups for easy meal prep transport if desired.
- Place turkey, romaine lettuce, pico de gallo, Greek yogurt, cheese and lime into meal prep containers. Mix as desired before serving.
Sweet Potatoes and Black Beans with Cilantro Lime Pesto
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 tsp. olive oil, or oil of choice
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 3/4 cups dried quinoa
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed (1 1/2 cups)
- 2–4 cups favorite salad greens
Cilantro Lime Pesto
- 2 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, or your favorite nut
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 375° F. On a large sheet pan, toss together the sweet potato, olive oil, and spices. Bake sweet potato until tender: about 35 minutes.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Add all pesto ingredients to a food processor, or blender, and blend until combined.
- Divide quinoa, sweet potatoes, black beans, greens, and pesto into individual servings.