BBR Challenge #4: Goal-Setting
It’s week four of our BBR Six-Week Challenge, and that means it’s time for a new challenge! This week, we’d like you to share your goal for the year with us on our contest post here for your chance to win a prize.
To help you with this week’s challenge, today we’re going to talk about the importance of goal-setting!
Why Goals Matter
Setting your goals is one of the most important steps in transforming your life. After all, if you don’t know what you’re trying to accomplish, it’s hard to determine what actions you should take! But once you have your goals set, you can start planning out how you’ll reach them.
In addition to driving your actions, goals provide momentum. When you start seeing progress, you’ll naturally want to keep going. You’ll feel more motivated with every step you take toward your goal. And then once you’ve reached it, you’ll want to find a new height to reach toward, creating more and more momentum.
And finally, goals are a great way to see what you’re capable of. When you push yourself out of your comfort zone, you’ll find yourself growing and gaining new skills. Make sure you set goals that challenge you and work hard to reach them!
Tips For Setting Your Goals
- Write your goals down and keep them where you can see them on a regular basis.
- Make your goals SMART: Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Reasonable, and Timely.
- Split your long-term goals into smaller, short-term goals to make them more manageable.
- Challenge yourself by setting goals that are a bit out of your comfort zone.
- Keep your goals in line with your values and where you ultimately want to be in life.
- Focus on why you’re setting your goals. This will be especially valuable if your motivation begins to wane.
- Celebrate each milestone that you reach along the way to your long-term goals to stay motivated!
Setting your goals is a key part of transforming your life, and we want you to share your biggest goal for the year with us here for your chance to win a prize. To stay updated on everything happening during the Better Body Resolution, subscribe to the blog and check out our Facebook page!