We shared Meal Day recipes on Wednesday, so today we want to share some of our favorite Protein Day recipes! These recipes are healthy, delicious, and easy to put together. As a bonus, most of these recipes make big enough portions that you’ll have enough for your family or for leftovers, which will come in handy throughout the week!
Salmon and Summer Veggies in Foil
- 4 (5 – 6 oz.) skinless salmon fillets
- 2 small zucchini, sliced into half moons
- 2 small yellow squash, sliced into half moons
- 2 shallots, 1 thinly sliced and 1 chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 ½ tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 ½ tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 large Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh thyme (or 1 tsp. dried)
- ¾ tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. dried marjoram
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Cut 4 sheets of aluminum foil into 17-inch lengths.
- Toss zucchini, squash, sliced shallot, and garlic together with 1 tbsp. olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste and divide among 4 sheets of foil, placing veggies in center of each piece of foil.
- Brush salmon fillets with 1 tbsp. of the olive oil, season bottom side with salt and pepper, and then place one fillet over each layer of veggies on foil. Drizzle lemon juice over salmon and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss together tomatoes, diced shallot, thyme, oregano, and marjoram with remaining 1½ tsp. olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper. Divide tomato mixture over salmon fillets. Wrap sides of foil inward then fold up ends to seal. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and bake in preheated oven until salmon has cooked through, about 25 – 30 minutes. Carefully open foil packets and serve warm.
- 2 (1 pound) boneless pork tenderloin roasts
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a large roasting pan with foil.
- Rub tenderloins with garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place in the roasting pan and bake for 30 minutes. Flip tenderloins and bake until thermometer inserted into center registers 145° F, about 20 minutes longer. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes.
- Cut pork crosswise into 1/3-inch-thick slices.
Easy Baked Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Pound chicken breasts lightly so they are of even thickness.
- Pour olive oil in a 13″ x 9″ baking dish. Lightly dredge the chicken through to coat it, and then place chicken breasts side by side in the dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and chili powder. Sprinkle the seasoning mixture over both sides of the chicken and rub it in with your hands.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, until juices are clear or a meat thermometer reads 160-170° F.
- Cover with foil and let rest for 5-10 minutes while the juices settle before slicing.