Corporate’s Favorite BBS Recipes
For the past two weeks, our corporate team has been transforming their lives on the Better Body System! Today we will be checking in on a few of them. Not only will they be sharing their progress, but they have also picked their favorite BBS approved recipes to share!
I have hit my stride by the end of week two. I don’t feel hungry and my craving for sugar are gone! I feel like I have so much energy! At three o’clock I get tired so I have a passion and a low sugar high protein berry yogurt and I mix in half a packet of vanilla Yes. This had been my favorite snack right at this time of day. Then on my drive home I have a handful of cashews or dried mango and then have my Yes shake in the evening. It’s been a good system and my body loves it. The recipe I’ve included is great for meal days! Best of all, it’s vegan!
Lemon, Greens, and Lentil Soup
- 1 cup brown lentils, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- One cup diced shallots
- 1 bunch leafy greens
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- Juice of two lemons
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Warm up the olive oil in a large pot on medium heat. Add in the shallot and a pinch of sea salt. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the chopped greens and crushed red pepper. Stir to incorporate all of the ingredients. Once the greens are slightly soft, about 3-4 minutes, add in the lentils and vegetable broth.
- Turn heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Cook for 30 minutes, or until the lentils are soft. Turn heat to low.
- Add the lemon juice into the pot and stir to combine. This recipe makes four portions and is great for meal prep!
I didn’t start this diet because I felt like I needed to lose weight, but I have lost 2 lbs, which is cool. I haven’t measured myself yet, all my clothes still fit normally so I don’t think I’ve lost many inches. I’m going to wait until the end to measure myself. I’ve had a lot of fun trying to get creative with food. Because I’m in the lowest weight class of the diet I don’t get a lot of variety on protein days. But I’m getting better at coming up with recipes. I do miss the convenience of not packing a lunch for work and going out with coworkers, but I’ve had fun learning how to be more creative in the kitchen. I used to hate greek yogurt, but this month I’ve started to really like it! I feel a lot healthier, even though I’ve messed up a few times. I’m more conscious about what I’m eating and I’ve saved a ton of money!
Parmesan Garlic Steak
- 2oz Flank Steak
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 cup spinach
- 1.5 oz parmesan cheese
- Put the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Once melted, cook the garlic for 1-2 minutes. Once fragrant, add the steak with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until done to your liking.
- Once the steak is done, add in the parmesan cheese until melted.
- Add in your spinach, cooked to desired texture.
- If it’s a Meal Day, you can add this onto cooked zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash!
I’m feeling good! I’ve lost a couple of pounds, I’ve got more energy, and my body feels better overall. My workouts are going a little better since I’m fueling my body with high-quality nutrients, and Passion has definitely been helping. I’m also finding it easier to stick with the meal plan than last time, since I’ve been better at preparing actual meals rather than only relying on snacks. I did take my birthday off, but other than that, I’ve been able to stick with the system!
Easy Chicken Stir-Fry
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast cut into one-inch pieces
- Fresh vegetables cut into bite-size pieces—carrots, mushrooms, broccoli, peppers, zucchini, etc.
- Put a skillet on medium-high heat on the stovetop. Add some olive oil or avocado oil.
- Once the oil is heated, add chicken. Sprinkle on any desired spices and let it cook. Once it’s cooked through, take it out of the pan and put it on a plate.
- Add a little more olive/avocado oil to the pan and add vegetables. Sprinkle with spices and let the vegetables cook.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, add the cooked chicken back into the pan and heat through.
- Serve by itself or with brown rice on Meal Day!
If you want to support them in their transformation, subscribe to the blog and check out our Facebook page!