We’re a few weeks into autumn, and that means it’s time for some warm, comforting seasonal dishes! While many fall-themed recipes call for unhealthy ingredients, you can enjoy the delicious flavors of fall and still maintain your healthy lifestyle.
To help you get started, here’s a delicious seasonal recipe for you to try. Enjoy!
Slow-Cooker White Chicken Chili
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 medium poblano pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chiles
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 3 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained
- 4 cups fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- Add all ingredients except cheese and sour cream or Greek yogurt to your slow cooker and stir to combine. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours. With thirty minutes left of cooking time, add the sour cream or Greek yogurt and cheese and stir to combine. Cover and continue cooking.
- Garnish with additional sour cream or Greek yogurt, cheese, and cilantro before serving if desired.
We hope you’ll enjoy this BBS-friendly fall recipe. For more recipes and tips for success on the BBS, subscribe to the blog and check out our Facebook page!