Yoli has the privilege of being in multiple countries! We love our Yoli family from each one and want to be able to share that love. This week we will be sharing a healthy recipe from each country that has been Yolified!
Sisig from the Philippines
This take on Sisig isn’t just packed with flavor— it’s also packed with protein! This recipe would be perfect on your Protein Days, or on your Meal Days with some rice!
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin, minced
- 2 large shallots, diced
- 1 package of Sisig seasoning
- 2 tbsp chives, diced
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 2 Thai bird chili peppers, diced
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- ½ cup water
- Add oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the minced pork and stir. Continue cooking until a nice crisp has built on the outside, and the inside is cooked.
- In a separate bowl, mix the seasoning packet with the water. Add the remaining ingredients, and stir well.
- Add sauce to the cooked pork, stirring until it has been evenly coated. Serve warm.
Grilled Fish Tacos with Pickled Onions from Mexico
This is a healthier spin on a taco favorite! These would be perfect for Meal Days, or even Protein Days if you use lettuce as your tortilla!
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 lbs cod filets
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 jalapeno pepper, halved with seeds removed
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 package tortillas of your choice
- Salsa verde
- Lime wedges
- Combine orange and lime juice, oil, spices, and cilantro in shallow dish, whisking thoroughly. Add fish, turning to fully coat. Let marinate at least 15 minutes, turning halfway through for even marination.
- In a small saucepan, bring onion, jalapeno, vinegar, and sugar to boil over medium heat. Once boiling, remove from heat and let cool. Remove and discard the jalapeno.
- Set your grill to high. Cook the fish over indirect heat for 8 minutes, or until cooked through. Pull apart into large flakes. While the fish cooks, heat the tortillas for 20 seconds on each side.
- Assemble tacos by spooning fish onto the center, topping with pickled onions and salsa verde. Serve with lime wedges. Enjoy!
For more recipes, stay tuned to the blog on Thursday and check out our Facebook page!