Traveling can make it seem difficult to maintain your healthy lifestyle, but there are a lot of snacks that you can enjoy even when you’re setting off on an adventure. Here are our favorite healthy travel snacks!
- Jerky. Jerky makes an awesome snack on the go because it’s tasty, it doesn’t need to be refrigerated, and it’s packed with protein. As with all packaged foods, quality matters, so check the ingredient list to make sure the brand you’ve selected isn’t packed with sugar.
- Cheese. While you don’t want to eat cheese for every snack, it can be a great option while you’re traveling. You can even bring along some whole-grain crackers!
- Greek yogurt. Provided your yogurt won’t be sitting in a hot car for hours on end, it’s a great travel option. Make sure you choose an option that doesn’t have a lot of sugar and avoid brands that include sugary mix-ins.
- Hummus and veggies. While hummus may not seem like the most obvious travel choice, it’s a solid option. A lot of grocery stores have single-serving packets of hummus, and pairing it with some celery, carrots, or cucumbers make for a well-balanced snack!
- Fruit. Fruit is full of nutrients, and it’s easy to enjoy when you’re traveling. Bananas, apples, oranges, and grapes are particularly great options.
- Nut butter. A small serving of natural almond or peanut butter will provide you with both protein and healthy fats, so they make great snacks. If you need more of a meal, try a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on whole-grain bread.
- Yoli drinks. Sodas and juices can be tempting when you’re on the road, but they’re packed with sugar. Bring water and a few packets of Passion, Truth, or Fun to sip on while you’re traveling, and you’ll be in much better shape!
Bringing nutritious snacks when you’re traveling is a great way to maintain a healthy lifestyle. For more tips for working toward optimal health, subscribe to the blog and check out our Facebook page!