Doing meal prep is a great way to stay on-track with your healthy eating throughout the week. Because protein is such an important part of the Better Body System and healthy living as a whole, today we’re giving you three meal prep recipes for protein snacks!
Chicken salad is usually made with mayonnaise, but you’ll love the avocado in this recipe!
- 1 avocado
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded/chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced (or 2 tablespoons finely diced red onion)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mash avocado in a medium bowl.
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Serve by itself or on whole-grain bread or crackers.
Salmon and Vegetables
With this recipe, you can cook once and enjoy it for two meals!
- 2 4-oz. salmon fillets
- 1 summer squash, sliced into ¼-inch rounds
- 1 zucchini, sliced into ¼-inch rounds
- 9 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 lemon, sliced into thin rounds
- Salt and pepper
- Parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lay out two pieces of aluminum foil. Each piece should be about 9×9 inches.
- Place zucchini and summer squash rounds on each piece of foil in an even layer. Then add sliced cherry tomatoes on top.
- Next, place a salmon fillet on each piece of foil. Add 1 tablespoon of the avocado oil on each fillet, and sprinkle pepper over it. Place 2-3 slices of lemon on top of the salmon.
- Fold the ends of each piece of foil together to form two packets.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until salmon is cooked and veggies are roasted.
- Remove from oven.
In this recipe, the slow cooker will do most of the work, and you’ll have enough pork to last you for a few meals. Put it on a sandwich, toss it in a salad, use it to make tacos…the possibilities are endless!
- 3-4 lbs. pork shoulder
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. chili or chipotle powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ½ cup water
- Mix spices together. Rub the spice mixture into the pork shoulder.
- Place the pork shoulder in your slow cooker. Pour water on top and close lid.
- Cook for 6-8 hours. Once it’s cooked, shred the pork.
We hope you’ll enjoy these meal prep recipes. For more recipes and tips for healthy living, subscribe to the blog and check out our Facebook page!